This script is Copyright (C) 2007-2015 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
The remote Fedora Core host is missing a security update.
- Wed Jul 12 2006 Jay Fenlason <fenlason at redhat.com>
- Update to 3.0.23 to close bz#197836 CVE-2006-3403
Samba denial of service
- include related spec file, filter-requires-samba.sh and
patch changes from rawhide. -winbind, and -access
patches are obsolete.
- include the fixed smb.init file from rawhide, closing
bz#182560 Wrong retval for initscript when smbd is dead
- Mon Oct 10 2005 Jay Fenlason <fenlason at redhat.com>
- Upgrade to 3.0.20a, which includes all the previous
- Include the -winbind patch from Jeremy Allison <jra at
samba.org> to fix a problem with winbind crashing.
- Include the -access patch from Jeremy Allison <jra at
samba.org> to fix a problem with MS Access lock files.
- Updated the -warnings patch for 3.0.20a.
- Include --with-shared-modules=idmap_ad,idmap_rid to
close bz#156810 ?
- Include the new samba.pamd from Tomas Mraz (tmraz at
redhat.com) to close bz#170259 ? pam_stack is deprecated
- Mon Aug 22 2005 Jay Fenlason <fenlason at redhat.com>
- New upstream release Includes five upstream patches
-regcreatekey_winxp_v1, -usrmgr_groups_v1, and
-winbindd_v1 This obsoletes the -pie and -delim
patches the -warning and -gcc4 patches are obsolete
too The -man, -passwd, and -smbspool patches were
updated to match 3.0.20pre1 Also, the -quoting patch
was implemented differently upstream There is now a
umount.cifs executable and manpage We run autogen.sh
as part of the build phase The testprns command is now
gone libsmbclient now has a man page
- Include -bug106483 patch to close bz#106483 smbclient:
-N negates the provided password, despite documentation
- Added the -warnings patch to quiet some compiler
- Removed many obsolete patches from CVS.
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding
description block directly from the Fedora security advisory. Tenable
has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible
without introducing additional issues.
See also :
Update the affected packages.
Risk factor :
Family: Fedora Local Security Checks
Nessus Plugin ID: 24149 (fedora_2006-808.nasl)
Get Nessus Professional to scan unlimited IPs, run compliance checks & moreBuy Nessus Professional Now