This script is Copyright (C) 2004-2013 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
The remote Mandrake Linux host is missing one or more security
Multiple vulnerabilities were discovered and fixed in the Linux
- CVE-2003-0001: Multiple ethernet network card drivers do
not pad frames with null bytes which allows remote
attackers to obtain information from previous packets or
kernel memory by using special malformed packets.
- CVE-2003-0244: The route cache implementation in the 2.4
kernel and the Netfilter IP conntrack module allows
remote attackers to cause a Denial of Service (DoS) via
CPU consumption due to packets with forged source
addresses that cause a large number of hash table
collisions related to the PREROUTING chain.
- CVE-2003-0246: The ioperm implementation in 2.4.20 and
earlier kernels does not properly restrict privileges,
which allows local users to gain read or write access to
certain I/O ports.
- CVE-2003-0247: A vulnerability in the TTY layer of the
2.4 kernel allows attackers to cause a kernel oops
resulting in a DoS.
- CVE-2003-0248: The mxcsr code in the 2.4 kernel allows
attackers to modify CPU state registers via a malformed
- CVE-2003-0462: A file read race existed in the execve()
Kernels for 9.1/x86 are also available (see MDKSA-2003:066).
MandrakeSoft encourages all users to upgrade to these new kernels.
For full instructions on how to properly upgrade your kernel, please
See also :
Update the affected packages.
Risk factor :
Critical / CVSS Base Score : 10.0
Family: Mandriva Local Security Checks
Nessus Plugin ID: 14057 (mandrake_MDKSA-2003-074.nasl)
Get Nessus Professional to scan unlimited IPs, run compliance checks & moreBuy Nessus Professional Now