This script is Copyright (C) 2014 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
The remote Mac OS X host contains a mail client that is potentially
affected by multiple vulnerabilities.
The installed version of Thunderbird is earlier than 24.3 and is,
therefore, potentially affected by the following vulnerabilities :
- Memory issues exist in the browser engine that could
result in a denial of service or arbitrary code
- An error exists related to System Only Wrappers (SOW)
and the XML Binding Language (XBL) that could allow
XUL content to be disclosed. (CVE-2014-1479)
'window' object handling that has unspecified impact.
- An error exists related to 'RasterImage' and image
decoding that could allow application crashes and
possibly arbitrary code execution. (CVE-2014-1482)
- A use-after-free error exists related to image handling
and 'imgRequestProxy' that could allow application
crashes and possibly arbitrary code execution.
- An error exists related to 'web workers' that could
allow cross-origin information disclosure.
- Errors exist related to the included Network Security
Services (NSS) libraries, 'NewSessionTicket' handshakes
and public Diffie-Hellman values that could allow
application crashes and possibly arbitrary code
execution. (CVE-2014-1490, CVE-2014-1491)
See also :
Upgrade to Thunderbird 24.3 or later.
Risk factor :
High / CVSS Base Score : 9.3
CVSS Temporal Score : 8.1
Public Exploit Available : false