The remote Mac OS X host contains a web browser that is potentially
affected by multiple vulnerabilities.
The installed version of Firefox is earlier than 24.0 and is,
therefore, potentially affected by multiple vulnerabilities :
- Memory issues exist in the browser engine that could
allow for denial of service or arbitrary code execution.
- The HTML5 Tree Builder does not properly maintain
states, which could result in a denial of service or
possible arbitrary code execution. (CVE-2013-1720)
- The ANGLE library is vulnerable to an integer overflow,
which could result in a denial of service or arbitrary
code execution. (CVE-2013-1721)
- Multiple use-after-free problems exist, which could
result in denial of service attacks or arbitrary code
execution. (CVE-2013-1722, CVE-2013-1724,
CVE-2013-1735, CVE-2013-1736, CVE-2013-1738)
- The NativeKey widget does not properly terminate key
messages, possibly leading to a denial of service attack.
compartments can result in denial of service or possibly
arbitrary code execution. (CVE-2013-1725)
- Local users can gain the same privileges as the Mozilla
Updater because the application does not ensure
exclusive access to the update file. An attacker can
exploit this by inserting a malicious file into the
update file. (CVE-2013-1726)
- Sensitive information can be obtained via unspecified
properly initialize memory. (CVE-2013-1728)
of service or arbitrary code execution. Versions of
Firefox 20 or greater are not susceptible to the
arbitrary code execution mentioned above.
- A buffer overflow is possible because of an issue with
multi-column layouts. (CVE-2013-1732)
- An object is not properly identified during use of
user-defined getter methods on DOM proxies. This can
result in access restrictions being bypassed.
- An issue in the NVIDIA OS X graphic drivers allows the
user's desktop to be viewed by web content, potentially
exposing sensitive information. (CVE-2013-1729)
See also :
Upgrade to Firefox 24.0 or later.
Risk factor :
High / CVSS Base Score : 9.3
CVSS Temporal Score : 8.1
Public Exploit Available : true