How to Buy
This script is Copyright (C) 2013-2016 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
The remote Oracle Linux host is missing one or more security updates.
Description of changes:
* Improved fix for CVE-2010-2962.
The original upstream fix for CVE-2010-2962 had an overflow bug in its
* CVE-2012-0056: Privilege escalation in /proc/[pid]/mem writing.
It was found that permissions were not checked properly in the Linux
kernel when handling the /proc/[pid]/mem writing functionality. A
local, unprivileged user could use this flaw to escalate their
- Revert 'proc: enable writing to /proc/pid/mem' [orabug 13619701]
- [PATCH] x86, tsc: Skip TSC synchronization checks for tsc=reliable
- tracing: Fix NULL pointer deref with SEND_SIG_FORCED (Oleg Nesterov)
- sched, x86: Avoid unnecessary overflow in sched_clock (Salman Qazi)
- [x86]: Don't resume/restore cpu if not of the expected cpu (Joe Jin)
- drm/i915: Rephrase pwrite bounds checking to avoid any potential
overflow (Chris Wilson) [CVE-2010-296]
- x2apic: Enable the bios request for x2apic optout (Suresh Siddha)
- fuse: split queues to scale I/O throughput (Srinivas Eeda) [orabug
- fuse: break fc spinlock (Srinivas Eeda) [orabug 10004611]
See also :
Update the affected unbreakable enterprise kernel packages.
Risk factor :
High / CVSS Base Score : 7.2
CVSS Temporal Score : 5.6
Public Exploit Available : true
Family: Oracle Linux Local Security Checks
Nessus Plugin ID: 68668 ()
Bugtraq ID: 4406751625
CVE ID: CVE-2010-2962CVE-2012-0056
Upgrade to Nessus Professional today!
Start your free Nessus Cloud trial now!
Begin Free Trial
The cookie settings on this website are set to 'allow all cookies' to give you the very best website experience. If you continue without changing these settings, you consent to this - but if you want, you can opt out of all cookies by clicking below.