How to Buy
This script is Copyright (C) 2013-2015 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
The remote Oracle Linux host is missing a security update.
From Red Hat Security Advisory 2007:0229 :
An updated gdb package that fixes a security issue and various bugs is
This update has been rated as having low security impact by the Red
Hat Security Response Team.
GDB, the GNU debugger, allows debugging of programs written in C, C++,
and other languages by executing them in a controlled fashion and then
printing their data.
Various buffer overflows and underflows were found in the DWARF
expression computation stack in GDB. If a user loaded an executable
containing malicious debugging information into GDB, an attacker might
be able to execute arbitrary code with the privileges of the user.
This updated package also addresses the following issues :
* Fixed bogus 0x0 unwind of the thread's topmost function clone(3).
* Fixed deadlock accessing invalid address
for corrupted backtraces.
* Fixed a race which occasionally left the detached processes stopped.
* Fixed 'gcore' command for 32bit debugged processes on 64bit hosts.
* Added support for TLS 'errno' for threaded programs missing its
* Suggest TLS 'errno' resolving by hand if no threading was found..
* Added a fix to prevent stepping into asynchronously invoked signal
* Added a fix to avoid false warning on shared objects bfd close on
* Fixed segmentation fault on the source display by ^X 1.
* Fixed object names keyboard completion.
* Added a fix to avoid crash of 'info threads' if stale threads exist.
* Fixed a bug where shared libraries occasionally failed to load .
* Fixed handling of exec() called by a threaded debugged program.
* Fixed rebuilding requirements of the gdb package itself on multilib
* Fixed source directory pathname detection for the edit command.
All users of gdb should upgrade to this updated package, which
contains backported patches to resolve these issues.
See also :
Update the affected gdb package.
Risk factor :
Medium / CVSS Base Score : 5.1
Family: Oracle Linux Local Security Checks
Nessus Plugin ID: 67476 ()
CVE ID: CVE-2006-4146
Nessus Professional: Scan unlimited IPs, run compliance checks & moreNessus Cloud: The power of Nessus for teams – from the cloud
The cookie settings on this website are set to 'allow all cookies' to give you the very best website experience. If you continue without changing these settings, you consent to this - but if you want, you can opt out of all cookies by clicking below.