This script is Copyright (C) 2013-2016 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
The remote Unix host contains a runtime environment that is affected by
The version of Sun Java Runtime Environment (JRE) installed on the
remote host is earlier than 6 Update 17 / 5.0 Update 22 / 1.4.2_24 /
1.3.1_27. Such versions are potentially affected by the following
security issues :
- The Java update mechanism on non-English versions does
not update the JRE when a new version is available.
- A command execution vulnerability exists in the Java
runtime environment deployment toolkit. (269869)
- An issue in the Java web start installer may be
leveraged to allow an untrusted Java web start
application to run as a trusted application. (269870)
- Multiple buffer and integer overflow vulnerabilities
- A security vulnerability in the JRE with verifying HMAC
digests may allow authentication to be bypassed.
- Two vulnerabilities in the JRE with decoding DER encoded
data and parsing HTTP headers may separately allow a
remote client to cause the JRE on the server to run out
of memory, resulting in a denial of service. (270476)
- A directory traversal vulnerability in the
ICC_Profile.getInstance method allows a remote attacker
to determine the existence of local International Color
Consortium (ICC) profile files. (Bug #6631533)
- A denial of service attack is possible via a BMP file
containing a link to a UNC share pathname for an
International Color Consortium (ICC) profile file.
- Resurrected classloaders can still have children,
which could allow a remote attacker to gain
privileges via unspecified vectors (Bug #6636650)
- The Abstract Window Toolkit (AWT) does not properly
restrict the objects that may be sent to loggers, which
allows attackers to obtain sensitive information via
vectors related to the implementation of Component,
KeyboardFocusManager, and DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.
- An unspecified vulnerability in TrueType font parsing
functionality may lead to a denial of service. (Bug
- The failure to clone arrays returned by the
getConfigurations function could lead to multiple,
unspecified vulnerabilities in the X11 and
Win32GraphicsDevice subsystems. (Bug #6822057)
- The TimeZone.getTimeZone method can be used by a remote
attacker to determine the existence of local files via
its handling of zoneinfo (aka tz) files. (Bug #6824265)
- Java Web Start does not properly handle the interaction
between a signed JAR file and a JNLP application or
applet. (Bug #6870531)
See also :
Update to Sun Java JDK / JRE 6 Update 17, JDK / JRE 5.0 Update 22, SDK
/ JRE 1.4.2_24, or SDK / JRE 1.3.1_27 or later and remove, if necessary,
any affected versions.
Risk factor :
High / CVSS Base Score : 9.3
CVSS Temporal Score : 7.7
Public Exploit Available : true
Nessus Plugin ID: 64831 ()
Bugtraq ID: 36881
CVE ID: CVE-2009-3728CVE-2009-3729CVE-2009-3864CVE-2009-3865CVE-2009-3866CVE-2009-3867CVE-2009-3868CVE-2009-3869CVE-2009-3871CVE-2009-3872CVE-2009-3873CVE-2009-3874CVE-2009-3875CVE-2009-3876CVE-2009-3877CVE-2009-3879CVE-2009-3880CVE-2009-3881CVE-2009-3884CVE-2009-3885CVE-2009-3886
Upgrade to Nessus Professional today!
Start your free Nessus Cloud trial now!
Begin Free Trial
The cookie settings on this website are set to 'allow all cookies' to give you the very best website experience. If you continue without changing these settings, you consent to this - but if you want, you can opt out of all cookies by clicking below.