This script is Copyright (C) 2013 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
The remote Unix host has an application that is affected by multiple
The version of Sun Java Runtime Environment (JRE) installed on the
remote host is affected by one or more security issues :
- Two vulnerabilities in the JRE VM may independently allow
an untrusted application or applet downloaded from a
website to elevate its privileges (233321).
- When processing XSLT transformations, an untrusted
application or applet downloaded from a website may
be able to elevate its privileges or cause the JRE to
- Three buffer overflows exist in Java Web Start (233323).
- A vulnerability in the Java Plug-in may allow an applet
downloaded from a website to bypass the same origin
policy and execute local applications (233324).
- Multiple vulnerabilities in the JRE Image Processing
library may allow an untrusted application or applet
to elevate its privileges or cause the JRE to crash
- A vulnerability in the JRE may allow untrusted
Java APIs (233326).
- An as-yet unspecified buffer overflow exists in Java
Web Start (233327).
See also :
Upgrade to Sun JDK and JRE 6 Update 5 / JDK and JRE 5.0 Update 15 / SDK
and JRE 1.4.2_17 or later and remove, if necessary, any other affected
Risk factor :
High / CVSS Base Score : 9.3
CVSS Temporal Score : 7.7
Public Exploit Available : true
Nessus Plugin ID: 64827 ()
Bugtraq ID: 2808328125
CVE ID: CVE-2008-1193
The cookie settings on this website are set to 'allow all cookies' to give you the very best website experience. If you continue without changing these settings, you consent to this - but if you want, you can opt out of all cookies by clicking below.