This script is Copyright (C) 2013-2015 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
The remote Mac OS X host contains a mail client that is potentially
affected by several vulnerabilities.
The installed version of Thunderbird 10.x is potentially affected by
the following security issues :
- Two intermediate certificates were improperly issued by
TURKTRUST certificate authority. (CVE-2013-0743)
- A use-after-free error exists related to displaying
HTML tables with many columns and column groups.
- An error exists related to 'jsval', 'quickstubs', and
compartmental mismatches that could lead to potentially
exploitable crashes. (CVE-2013-0746)
- An error related to the 'toString' method of XBL
objects could lead to address information leakage.
- A use-after-free error exists related to
'XMLSerializer' and 'serializeToStream'.
- A use-after-free error exists related to garbage
collection and 'ListenManager'. (CVE-2013-0754)
- An error related to SVG elements and plugins could
allow privilege escalation. (CVE-2013-0758)
- An error exists related to the address bar that could
allow URL spoofing attacks. (CVE-2013-0759)
- Multiple, unspecified use-after-free, out-of-bounds read
and buffer overflow errors exist. (CVE-2013-0762,
- An unspecified memory corruption issue exists.
Please note the 10.x ESR branch will no longer be supported as of
02/13/2013. Only the 17.x ESR branch will receive security updates
after that date.
See also :
Upgrade to Thunderbird 10.0.12 ESR or later.
Risk factor :
High / CVSS Base Score : 9.3
CVSS Temporal Score : 8.1
Public Exploit Available : true
Family: MacOS X Local Security Checks
Nessus Plugin ID: 63546 ()