How to Buy
This script is Copyright (C) 2012-2015 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
The remote application server may be affected by multiple
IBM WebSphere Application Server 8.5 before Fix Pack 1 appears to be
running on the remote host and is, therefore, potentially affected by
the following vulnerabilities :
- An input validation error exists related to the 'Eclipse
Help System' that can allow arbitrary redirect responses
to HTTP requests. (CVE-2012-2159, PM66410)
- Several errors exist related to SSL/TLS that can allow
an attacker to carry out denial of service attacks
against the application. (CVE-2012-2190, CVE-2012-2191,
- Unspecified cross-site scripting issues exist related to
the administrative console. (CVE-2012-3293, PM60839)
- An unspecified error in the 'ISC Console' can allow a
remote attacker to take over a valid user's session.
- An unspecified directory traversal error exists that
can allow remote attackers to overwrite files outside
the application's deployment directory. (CVE-2012-3305,
- When multi-domain support is enabled, the application
does not properly purge passwords from the
authentication cache. (CVE-2012-3306, PM66514)
- An error exists related to 'Federated Repositories',
'IIOP' connections, 'CBIND' checking and 'Optimized
Local Adapters' that can allow a remote attacker to
bypass security restrictions. Note that this issue
affects the application when running on z/OS.
- The fix contained in PM44303 contains an error that
can allow an authenticated attacker to bypass security
restrictions and gain administrative access to the
application. (CVE-2012-3325, PM71296)
- A request validation error exists related to the proxy
server component that can allow a remote attacker to
cause the proxy status to be reported as disabled thus
denying applications access to the proxy.
- A request validation error exists related to the
'Liberty Profile' and 'JAX-RS' that can allow a remote
attacker to elevate privileges. (CVE-2012-4850, PM67082)
- A user-supplied input validation error exists related
to the 'Liberty Profile' that can allow cross-site
scripting attacks to be carried out. (CVE-2012-4851,
- A user-supplied input validation error exists that can
allow cross-site request forgery (CSRF) attacks to be
carried out. (CVE-2012-4853, PM62920)
See also :
Apply Fix Pack 1 for version 8.5 (220.127.116.11) or later.
Risk factor :
Medium / CVSS Base Score : 6.8
CVSS Temporal Score : 5.9
Public Exploit Available : false
Family: Web Servers
Nessus Plugin ID: 62975 ()
Bugtraq ID: 5388454743551495518555309556715567856423564585645956460
CVE ID: CVE-2012-2159CVE-2012-2190CVE-2012-2191CVE-2012-3293CVE-2012-3304CVE-2012-3305CVE-2012-3306CVE-2012-3311CVE-2012-3325CVE-2012-3330CVE-2012-4850CVE-2012-4851CVE-2012-4853
Upgrade to Nessus Professional today!
Start your free Nessus Cloud trial now!
Begin Free Trial
The cookie settings on this website are set to 'allow all cookies' to give you the very best website experience. If you continue without changing these settings, you consent to this - but if you want, you can opt out of all cookies by clicking below.