This script is Copyright (C) 2012-2017 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
The remote Mac OS X host contains a web browser that is affected by
The installed version of Firefox is earlier than 15.0 and thus, is
potentially affected by the following security issues :
- An error exists related to 'Object.defineProperty'
and the location object that could allow cross-site
scripting attacks. (CVE-2012-1956)
- Unspecified memory safety issues exist. (CVE-2012-1970,
- Multiple use-after-free errors exist. (CVE-2012-1972,
CVE-2012-1973, CVE-2012-1974, CVE-2012-1975,
CVE-2012-1976, CVE-2012-3956, CVE-2012-3957,
CVE-2012-3958, CVE-2012-3959, CVE-2012-3960,
CVE-2012-3961, CVE-2012-3962, CVE-2012-3963,
- An error exists related to 'about:newtab' and the
browser's history. This error can allow a newly opened
tab to further open a new window and navigate to the
privileged 'about:newtab' page leading to possible
privilege escalation. (CVE-2012-3965)
- An error exists related to bitmap (BMP) and icon (ICO)
file decoding that can lead to memory corruption
causing application crashes and potentially arbitrary
code execution. (CVE-2012-3966)
- A use-after-free error exists related to WebGL shaders.
- A buffer overflow exists related to SVG filters.
- A use-after-free error exists related to elements
having 'requiredFeatures' attributes. (CVE-2012-3970)
- A 'Graphite 2' library memory corruption error exists.
- An XSLT out-of-bounds read error exists related to
- Remote debugging is possible even when disabled and the
'HTTPMonitor' extension is enabled. (CVE-2012-3973)
- The DOM parser can unintentionally load linked
resources in extensions. (CVE-2012-3975)
- Incorrect SSL certificate information can be displayed
in the address bar when two 'onLocationChange' events
fire out of order. (CVE-2012-3976)
- Security checks related to location objects can be
bypassed if crafted calls are made to the browser
chrome code. (CVE-2012-3978)
- Calling 'eval' in the web console can allow injected
code to be executed with browser chrome privileges.
- SPDY's request header compression leads to information
leakage, which can allow private data such as session
cookies to be extracted, even over an SSL connection.
See also :
Upgrade to Firefox 15.0 or later.
Risk factor :
High / CVSS Base Score : 9.3
CVSS Temporal Score : 7.7
Public Exploit Available : true
Family: MacOS X Local Security Checks
Nessus Plugin ID: 61711 ()
CVE ID: CVE-2012-1956
Get Nessus Professional to scan unlimited IPs, run compliance checks & moreBuy Nessus Professional Now