This script is Copyright (C) 2012 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
The remote Scientific Linux host is missing one or more security
The Eclipse software development environment provides a set of tools
for C/C++ and Java development.
A cross-site scripting (XSS) flaw was found in the Eclipse Help
Contents web application. An attacker could use this flaw to perform a
cross-site scripting attack against victims by tricking them into
visiting a specially-crafted Eclipse Help URL. (CVE-2010-4647)
The following Eclipse packages have been upgraded to the versions
found in the official upstream Eclipse Helios SR1 release, providing a
number of bug fixes and enhancements over the previous versions :
- eclipse to 3.6.1.
- eclipse-cdt to 7.0.1.
- eclipse-birt to 2.6.0.
- eclipse-emf to 2.6.0.
- eclipse-gef to 3.6.1.
- eclipse-mylyn to 3.4.2.
- eclipse-rse to 3.2.
- eclipse-dtp to 1.8.1.
- eclipse-changelog to 2.7.0.
- eclipse-valgrind to 0.6.1.
- eclipse-callgraph to 0.6.1.
- eclipse-oprofile to 0.6.1.
- eclipse-linuxprofilingframework to 0.6.1.
In addition, the following updates were made to the dependencies of
the Eclipse packages above :
- icu4j to 4.2.1.
- sat4j to 2.2.0.
- objectweb-asm to 3.2.
- jetty-eclipse to 6.1.24.
This update includes numerous upstream bug fixes and enhancements,
such as :
- The Eclipse IDE and Java Development Tools (JDT) :
- projects and folders can filter out resources in the
- new virtual folder and linked files support.
- the full set of UNIX file permissions is now
- addition of the stop button to cancel long-running
- Java editor now shows multiple quick-fixes via problem
- new support for running JUnit version 4 tests.
- over 200 upstream bug fixes.
- The Eclipse C/C++ Development Tooling (CDT) :
- new Codan framework has been added for static code
- refactoring improvements such as stored refactoring
- compile and build errors now highlighted in the build
- switch to the new DSF debugger framework.
- new template view support.
- over 600 upstream bug fixes.
This update also fixes the following bugs :
- Incorrect URIs for GNU Tools in the 'Help Contents'
window have been fixed.
- The profiling of binaries did not work if an Eclipse
project was not in an Eclipse workspace. This update
adds an automated test for external project profiling,
which corrects this issue.
- Running a C/C++ application in Eclipse successfully
terminated, but returned an I/O exception not related to
the application itself in the Error Log window. With
this update, the exception is no longer returned.
- The eclipse-mylyn package showed a '20100916-0100-e3x'
qualifier. The qualifier has been modified to
'v20100902-0100-e3x' to match the upstream version of
- Installing the eclipse-mylyn package failed and returned
a 'Resource temporarily unavailable' error message due
to a bug in the packaging. This update fixes this bug
and installation now works as expected.
- Building the eclipse-cdt package could fail due to an
incorrect interaction with the local file system.
Interaction with the local file system is now prevented
and the build no longer fails.
- The libhover plug-in, provided by the eclipse-cdt
package, used binary data to search for hover topics.
The data location was specified externally as a URL
which could cause an exception to occur on a system with
no Internet access. This update modifies the plug-in so
that it pulls the needed data from a local location.
Users of eclipse should upgrade to these updated packages, which
correct these issues and add these enhancements.
See also :
Update the affected packages.
Risk factor :
Medium / CVSS Base Score : 4.3
Family: Scientific Linux Local Security Checks
Nessus Plugin ID: 61040 ()
CVE ID: CVE-2010-4647