This script is Copyright (C) 2012 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
The remote Scientific Linux host is missing one or more security
A flaw was found in ricci during a code audit. A remote attacker who
is able to connect to ricci could cause ricci to temporarily refuse
additional connections, a denial of service (CVE-2007-4136).
Fixes in this updated package include :
- The nodename is now set for manual fencing.
- The node log no longer displays in random order.
- A bug that prevented a node from responding when a
cluster was deleted is now fixed.
- A PAM configuration that incorrectly called the
deprecated module pam_stack was removed.
- A bug that prevented some quorum disk configurations
from being accepted is now fixed.
- Setting multicast addresses now works properly.
- rpm -V on luci no longer fails.
- The user interface rendering time for storage interface
is now faster.
- An error message that incorrectly appeared when
rebooting nodes during cluster creation was removed.
- Cluster snaps configuration (an unsupported feature) has
been removed altogether to prevent user confusion.
- A user permission bug resulting from a luci code error
is now fixed.
- luci and ricci init script return codes are now
- VG creation on cluster nodes now defaults to
- An SELinux AVC bug that prevented users from setting up
shared storage on nodes is now fixed.
- An access error that occurred when attempting to access
a cluster node after its cluster was deleted is now
- IP addresses can now be used to create clusters.
- Attempting to configure a fence device no longer results
in an AttributeError.
- Attempting to create a new fence device to a valid
cluster no longer results in a KeyError.
- Several minor user interface validation errors have been
fixed, such as enforcing cluster name length and fence
- A browser lock-up that could occur during storage
configuration has been fixed.
- Virtual service creation now works without error.
- The fence_xvm tag is no longer misspelled in the
- Luci failover forms are complete and working.
- Rebooting a fresh cluster install no longer generates an
- A bug that prevented failed cluster services from being
started is now fixed.
- A bug that caused some cluster operations (e.g., node
delete) to fail on clusters with mixed-cased cluster
names is now fixed.
- Global cluster resources can be reused when constructing
Enhancements in this updated package include :
- Users can now access Conga through Internet Explorer 6.
- Dead nodes can now be evicted from a cluster.
- Shared storage on new clusters is now enabled by
- The fence user-interface flow is now simpler.
- A port number is now shown in ricci error messages.
- The kmod-gfs-xen kernel module is now installed when
creating a cluster.
- Cluster creation status is now shown visually.
- User names are now sorted for display.
- The fence_xvmd tag can now be added from the dom0
- The ampersand character (&
) can now be used in fence
- All packaged files are now installed with proper owners
- New cluster node members are now properly initialized.
- Storage operations can now be completed even if an LVM
snapshot is present.
- Users are now informed via dialog when nodes are
rebooted as part of a cluster operation.
- Failover domains are now properly listed for virtual
services and traditional clustered services.
- Luci can now create and distribute keys for fence_xvmd.
See also :
Update the affected packages.
Risk factor :
Medium / CVSS Base Score : 5.0
Family: Scientific Linux Local Security Checks
Nessus Plugin ID: 60284 ()
CVE ID: CVE-2007-4136
The cookie settings on this website are set to 'allow all cookies' to give you the very best website experience. If you continue without changing these settings, you consent to this - but if you want, you can opt out of all cookies by clicking below.