This script is Copyright (C) 2012-2013 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
The remote Mac OS X host contains a web browser that is affected by
The installed version of Firefox is earlier than 10.0.3 and thus, is
potentially affected by the following security issues :
- Multiple memory corruption issues. By tricking a user
into visiting a specially crafted page, these issues may
allow an attacker to execute arbitrary code in the
context of the affected application. (CVE-2012-0454,
CVE-2012-0457, CVE-2012-0459, CVE-2012-0461,
CVE-2012-0462, CVE-2012-0463, CVE-2012-0464)
- An HTTP Header security bypass vulnerability exists that
can be leveraged by attackers to bypass certain security
restrictions and conduct cross-site scripting attacks.
- A security bypass vulnerability exists that can be
exploited by an attacker if the victim can be tricked
into setting a new home page by dragging a specially
crafted link to the 'home' button URL, which will set
- An information disclosure vulnerability exists due to an
out-of-bounds read in SVG filters. (CVE-2012-0456)
- A cross-site scripting vulnerability exists that can be
onto a frame. (CVE-2012-0455)
- 'window.fullScreen' is writeable by untrusted content,
allowing attackers to perform UI spoofing attacks.
See also :
Upgrade to Firefox 10.0.3 ESR or later.
Risk factor :
High / CVSS Base Score : 9.3
CVSS Temporal Score : 6.9
Public Exploit Available : false
Family: MacOS X Local Security Checks
Nessus Plugin ID: 58353 ()