How to Buy
This script is Copyright (C) 2009-2011 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
The remote application server is affected by multiple vulnerabilities.
IBM WebSphere Application Server 7.0 before Fix Pack 5 appears to be
running on the remote host. As such, it is reportedly affected by
multiple vulnerabilities :
- Non-standard HTTP methods are allowed. (PK73246)
- If the admin console is directly accessed from HTTP,
the console fails to redirect the connection to a
secure login page. (PK77010)
- An error in Single Sign-on (SSO) with SPNEGO
implementation could allow a remote attacker
to bypass security restrictions. (PK77465)
- 'wsadmin' is affected by a security exposure.
- Security flag 'isSecurityEnabled' is incorrectly set
after migrating from VMM. (PK78134)
- Use of insecure password obfuscation algorithm by Web
services could result in weaker than expected security
provided the client module specifies a password in
ibm-webservicesclient-bind.xmi and target environment
has custom password encryption enabled. (PK79275)
- After upgrading from WebSphere Application Server V6.1
to V7.0 with tracing enabled, an attacker may be able
view sensitive information by viewing the trace files.
- If CSIv2 Security is configured with Identity
Assertion, it may be possible for a remote
attacker to bypass security restrictions. (PK83097)
- New applications deployed in WebSphere Application
Server for z/OS prior to 1.8 are saved on the file
system with insecure privileges resulting in
disclosure of sensitive information. (PK83308)
- Configservice APIs could display sensitive information.
- Vulnerabilities in Apache HTTP server could allow a
local user to gain elevated privileges. (PK86232)
- A error in 'wsadmin' could allow a remote attacker
to bypass security restrictions. (PK86328)
- A vulnerability in portlet serving enable parameter
could allow an attacker to bypass security restrictions
and gain unauthorized access to the application.
See also :
Apply Fix Pack 5 (126.96.36.199) or later.
Risk factor :
Medium / CVSS Base Score : 6.8
CVSS Temporal Score : 5.0
Public Exploit Available : false
Family: Web Servers
Nessus Plugin ID: 40823 ()
Bugtraq ID: 36153361543615536156361573615836163
CVE ID: CVE-2009-0899CVE-2009-1195CVE-2009-1898CVE-2009-1899CVE-2009-1900CVE-2009-1901CVE-2009-2085CVE-2009-2087CVE-2009-2088CVE-2009-2089CVE-2009-0899CVE-2009-2090CVE-2009-2091CVE-2009-2092
Upgrade to Nessus Professional today!
Start your free Nessus Cloud trial now!
Begin Free Trial
The cookie settings on this website are set to 'allow all cookies' to give you the very best website experience. If you continue without changing these settings, you consent to this - but if you want, you can opt out of all cookies by clicking below.