This script is Copyright (C) 2014 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
The remote Windows host contains a web browser that is potentially
affected by multiple vulnerabilities.
The installed version of SeaMonkey is earlier than 2.24 and is,
therefore, potentially affected by the following vulnerabilities :
- Memory issues exist in the browser engine that could
result in a denial of service or arbitrary code
execution. (CVE-2014-1477, CVE-2014-1478)
- An error exists related to System Only Wrappers (SOW)
and the XML Binding Language (XBL) that could allow
XUL content to be disclosed. (CVE-2014-1479)
- An error exists related to the 'open file' dialog that
could allow users to take unintended actions.
'window' object handling that has unspecified impact.
- An error exists related to 'RasterImage' and image
decoding that could allow application crashes and
possibly arbitrary code execution. (CVE-2014-1482)
- Errors exist related to IFrames,
'document.elementFromPoint' that could allow cross-
origin information disclosure. (CVE-2014-1483)
- An error exists related to the Content Security
Policy (CSP) and XSLT stylesheets that could allow
unintended script execution. (CVE-2014-1485)
- A use-after-free error exists related to image handling
and 'imgRequestProxy' that could allow application
crashes and possibly arbitrary code execution.
- An error exists related to 'web workers' that could
allow cross-origin information disclosure.
- An error exists related to 'web workers' and 'asm.js'
that could allow application crashes and possibly
arbitrary code execution. (CVE-2014-1488)
- Errors exist related to the included Network Security
Services (NSS) libraries, 'NewSessionTicket' handshakes
and public Diffie-Hellman values that could allow
application crashes and possibly arbitrary code
execution. (CVE-2014-1490, CVE-2014-1491)
See also :
Upgrade to SeaMonkey 2.24 or later.
Risk factor :
High / CVSS Base Score : 9.3
CVSS Temporal Score : 8.1
Public Exploit Available : false