This script is Copyright (C) 2014-2015 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
The remote Windows host contains a web browser that is potentially
affected by multiple vulnerabilities.
The installed version of Firefox is earlier than 27.0 and is,
therefore, potentially affected by the following vulnerabilities :
- Memory issues exist in the browser engine that could
result in a denial of service or arbitrary code
execution. (CVE-2014-1477, CVE-2014-1478)
- An error exists related to System Only Wrappers (SOW)
and the XML Binding Language (XBL) that could allow
XUL content to be disclosed. (CVE-2014-1479)
- An error exists related to the 'open file' dialog that
could allow users to take unintended actions.
'window' object handling that has unspecified impact.
- An error exists related to 'RasterImage' and image
decoding that could allow application crashes and
possibly arbitrary code execution. (CVE-2014-1482)
- Errors exist related to IFrames,
'document.elementFromPoint' that could allow cross-
origin information disclosure. (CVE-2014-1483)
- An error exists related to the Content Security
Policy (CSP) and XSLT stylesheets that could allow
unintended script execution. (CVE-2014-1485)
- A use-after-free error exists related to image handling
and 'imgRequestProxy' that could allow application
crashes and possibly arbitrary code execution.
- An error exists related to 'web workers' that could
allow cross-origin information disclosure.
- An error exists related to 'web workers' and 'asm.js'
that could allow application crashes and possibly
arbitrary code execution. (CVE-2014-1488)
- An error exists that could allow webpages to access
activate content from the 'about:home' page that
could lead to data loss. (CVE-2014-1489)
- Network Security Services (NSS) contains a race
condition in libssl that occurs during session ticket
processing. A remote attacker can exploit this flaw
to cause a denial of service. (CVE-2014-1490)
- Network Security Services (NSS) does not properly
restrict public values in Diffie-Hellman key exchanges,
allowing a remote attacker to bypass cryptographic
protection mechanisms. (CVE-2014-1491)
See also :
Upgrade to Firefox 27.0 or later.
Risk factor :
High / CVSS Base Score : 9.3
CVSS Temporal Score : 8.1
Public Exploit Available : false
Nessus Plugin ID: 72331 ()