Automated Assessment Against Key Verizon DBIR Findings
Each year, Verizon releases the Verizon Data Breach Investigations Report (DBIR) to provide key insights into how to manage risks and avoid security failings, as well as to help organizations of all sizes learn from the experiences of others.
It is a good security practice to assess yourself regularly against DBIR findings and recommendations. IT and business executives often want to know if their organizations are at risk based on DBIR findings. However, in order for the report to be useful, organizations must first gather the essential data from their environments and iteratively search and filter that information so it can be compared against the DBIR findings. This can be difficult and often requires specialized knowledge.
Tenable SecurityCenter Continuous View™ (SecurityCenter CV™) enables you to assess yourself against key Verizon 2016 DBIR findings, take action against future threats, and measure the effectiveness of security investments within the context of DIBR findings, giving security analysts, IT leaders, and the business:
- Unparalleled visibility into whether the top vulnerabilities and threats in the Verizon DBIR are in your environment.
- Meaningful reports to use with stakeholders that communicate security posture in relation to DBIR findings.
- Confidence that IT security efforts, investments, and policies are aligned with Verizon DBIR findings and recommendations.
Get the Solution Brief
Verizon 2016 DBIR
Learn how Tenable SecurityCenter CV helps you quickly detect, prioritize, and respond to key findings and recommendations from the Verizon DBIR.
Assess Yourself Against Key Verizon 2016 DBIR Findings
“Older vulnerabilities are still heavily targeted; a methodical patch approach that emphasize consistency and coverage is more important than expedient patching.”Verizon 2016 DBIR Report, page 10
Incorporate 2016 DBIR Findings Into Your Security Program
Tenable enables you to assess yourself against key Verizon 2016 DBIR findings by providing a unique combination of active scanning, agent scanning, integrations with third-party systems, passive listening, and host data, which automatically feed and correlate security data from across your environment into purpose-built Verizon 2016 DBIR dashboards and the industry's only Verizon 2016 DBIR Assurance Report Cards (ARCs). This helps you to quickly identify whether the top vulnerabilities and threats in the Verizon DBIR are in your environment, defend against the most common attacks and vulnerabilities, and apply the findings in the Verizon DBIR to better protect your organization against threats.
- Comprehensive visibility: Quick identification of the top threats and vulnerabilities identified in the Verizon DBIR that exist in your environment.
- Actionable threat intelligence: Pre-built Assurance Report Cards (ARCs) enable executives to quickly assess conformance with DBIR recommendations; dashboards help IT security analysts quickly detect, prioritize, and respond to key DBIR findings and recommendations.
- Unified data: Unique and comprehensive combination of active scanning, agent scanning, integrations with third-party systems, passive listening, and host data automates DBIR-related data collection and analysis.
- Improved communication: Visually display security effectiveness and policy conformance, enabling you to translate the DBIR’s recommendations and guidance into an action plan IT leaders and business executives can understand.