SUSE SLES12 Security Update : tcmu-runner (SUSE-SU-2017:2109-1)
High Nessus Plugin ID 102351
SynopsisThe remote SUSE host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionThis update for tcmu-runner fixes the following issues :
- qcow handler opens up an information leak via the CheckConfig D-Bus method (bsc#1049491)
- glfs handler allows local DoS via crafted CheckConfig strings (bsc#1049485)
- UnregisterHandler dbus method in tcmu-runner daemon for non-existing handler causes denial of service (bsc#1049488)
- UnregisterHandler D-Bus method in tcmu-runner daemon for internal handler causes denial of service (bsc#1049489)
- Memory leaks can be triggered in tcmu-runner daemon by calling D-Bus method for (Un)RegisterHandler (bsc#1049490)
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the SUSE security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionTo install this SUSE Security Update use YaST online_update.
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product :
SUSE Linux Enterprise Software Development Kit 12-SP3:zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SDK-12-SP3-2017-1311=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12-SP3:zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SERVER-12-SP3-2017-1311=1
To bring your system up-to-date, use 'zypper patch'.