This script is Copyright (C) 2017 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
The remote SUSE host is missing one or more security updates.
This update for tigervnc provides the several fixes. These security
issues were fixed :
- CVE-2017-7392, CVE-2017-7396: Client can cause leak in
VNC server (bsc#1031886)
- CVE-2017-7395: Authenticated VNC client can crash VNC
- CVE-2017-7394: Client can crash or block VNC server
- CVE-2017-7393: Authenticated client can cause double
free in VNC server (bsc#1031875)
- Prevent buffer overflow in VNC client, allowing for
crashing the client (bnc#1032880)
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding
description block directly from the SUSE security advisory. Tenable
has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible
without introducing additional issues.
See also :
To install this SUSE Security Update use YaST online_update.
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product :
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12-SP1:zypper in -t patch
SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 12-SP1:zypper in -t patch
To bring your system up-to-date, use 'zypper patch'.
Risk factor :
Medium / CVSS Base Score : 6.5
CVSS Temporal Score : 4.8
Public Exploit Available : false