This script is Copyright (C) 2017 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
The remote openSUSE host is missing a security update.
This update for proftpd to version 1.3.5d fixes the following issues :
This security issue was fixed :
- CVE-2017-7418: ProFTPD checked only the last path
component when enforcing AllowChrootSymlinks. Attackers
with local access could bypass the AllowChrootSymlinks
control by replacing a path component (other than the
last one) with a symbolic link (bsc#1032443).
These non-security issues were fixed :
- Reduce TLS protocols to TLSv1.1 and TLSv1.2
- Disable TLSCACertificateFile
- Add TLSCertificateChainFile
- All FTP logins are treated as anonymous logins again
- SSH rekey during authentication could have caused issues
- Recursive SCP uploads of multiple directories were not
- LIST returned different results for file, depending on
- 'AuthAliasOnly on' in server config broke anonymous
- Fixed memory leak when mod_facl is used.
- Fix systemd vs SysVinit inconsistency
See also :
Update the affected proftpd packages.
Risk factor :
Low / CVSS Base Score : 2.1