This script is Copyright (C) 2017 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
The remote openSUSE host is missing a security update.
This update to Mozilla Thunderbird 45.8.0 fixes security issues and
The following security issues from advisory MFSA 2017-07 were fixed.
(boo#1028391) In general, these flaws cannot be exploited through
email in Thunderbird because scripting is disabled when reading mail,
but are potentially risks in browser or browser-like contexts :
- CVE-2017-5400: asm.js JIT-spray bypass of ASLR and DEP
- CVE-2017-5401: Memory Corruption when handling
- CVE-2017-5402: Use-after-free working with events in
FontFace objects (bmo#1334876)
- CVE-2017-5404: Use-after-free working with ranges in
- CVE-2017-5407: Pixel and history stealing via
floating-point timing side channel with SVG filters
garbage collection incremental sweeping
- CVE-2017-5408: Cross-origin reading of video captions in
violation of CORS
- CVE-2017-5405: FTP response codes can cause use of
uninitialized values for ports (bmo#1336699)
- CVE-2017-5398: Memory safety bugs fixed in Thunderbird
The following non-security issues were fixed :
- crash when viewing certain IMAP messages
See also :
Update the affected MozillaThunderbird packages.
Risk factor :
Family: SuSE Local Security Checks
Nessus Plugin ID: 97748 ()
Get Nessus Professional to scan unlimited IPs, run compliance checks & moreBuy Nessus Professional Now