This script is Copyright (C) 2017 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
The remote SUSE host is missing one or more security updates.
This update for openssh fixes the following issues :
- CVE-2016-8858: prevent resource depletion during key
- CVE-2016-10009: limit directories for loading PKCS11
modules to avoid privilege escalation (bsc#1016366)
- CVE-2016-10011: Prevent possible leaks of host private
keys to low-privilege process handling authentication
- Fix suggested command for removing conflicting server
keys from the known_hosts file (bsc#1006221)
- Properly verify CIDR masks in the AllowUsers and
DenyUsers configuration lists (bsc#1005893)
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding
description block directly from the SUSE security advisory. Tenable
has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible
without introducing additional issues.
See also :
To install this SUSE Security Update use YaST online_update.
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product :
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12-SP1:zypper in -t patch
To bring your system up-to-date, use 'zypper patch'.
Risk factor :
High / CVSS Base Score : 7.8
CVSS Temporal Score : 5.8
Public Exploit Available : false