This script is Copyright (C) 2017 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
The remote SUSE host is missing one or more security updates.
This update for util-linux fixes the following issues: This security
issue was fixed :
- CVE-2017-2616: In su with PAM support it was possible
for local users to send SIGKILL to selected other
processes with root privileges (bsc#1023041). This
non-security issues were fixed :
- lscpu: Implement WSL detection and work around crash
- fstrim: De-duplicate btrfs sub-volumes for 'fstrim -a'
and bind mounts (bsc#1020077)
- Fix regressions in safe loop re-use patch set for
- Disable ro checks for mtab (bsc#1012632)
- Ensure that the option 'users,exec,dev,suid' work as
expected on NFS mounts (bsc#1008965)
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding
description block directly from the SUSE security advisory. Tenable
has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible
without introducing additional issues.
See also :
To install this SUSE Security Update use YaST online_update.
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product :
SUSE Linux Enterprise Workstation Extension 12-SP1:zypper in -t patch
SUSE Linux Enterprise Software Development Kit 12-SP1:zypper in -t
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12-SP1:zypper in -t patch
SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 12-SP1:zypper in -t patch
To bring your system up-to-date, use 'zypper patch'.
Risk factor :
Low / CVSS Base Score : 1.9
CVSS Temporal Score : 1.6
Public Exploit Available : true