This script is Copyright (C) 2017 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
The remote openSUSE host is missing a security update.
This update for xtrabackup fixes the following issues :
- CVE-2016-6225: xbcrypt encryption IV not being set
In addition, XtraBackup was updated to 2.3.6 to include the following
- now supports SHA256 passwords
- new supports command options for secure connections
The following bugs were fixed :
- intermittent assertion failures when not correctly
identifying server version
- Safe slave backup algorithm performed too short delays
between retries which could cause backups to fail on a
- fix compilation warnings with gcc6
- Backup would still succeed even if xtrabackup would fail
to write the metadata
- xbcloud now supports EMC ECS Swift API Authorization
- backup failed with MariaDB 10.2 with the unsupported
server version error message
See also :
Update the affected xtrabackup packages.
Risk factor :
Medium / CVSS Base Score : 4.3