This script is Copyright (C) 2017 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
The remote SUSE host is missing one or more security updates.
This update for gstreamer-0_10-plugins-good fixes the following
- CVE-2016-9634: Invalid FLIC files could have caused and
an out-of-bounds write (bsc#1012102)
- CVE-2016-9635: Invalid FLIC files could have caused and
an out-of-bounds write (bsc#1012103)
- CVE-2016-9636: Prevent maliciously crafted flic files
from causing invalid memory writes (bsc#1012104)
- CVE-2016-9807: Prevent the reading of invalid memory in
flx_decode_chunks, leading to DoS (bsc#1013655)
- CVE-2016-9808: Prevent maliciously crafted flic files
from causing invalid memory accesses (bsc#1013653)
- CVE-2016-9810: Invalid files can be used to extraneous
unreferences, leading to invalid memory access and DoS
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding
description block directly from the SUSE security advisory. Tenable
has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible
without introducing additional issues.
See also :
To install this SUSE Security Update use YaST online_update.
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product :
SUSE Linux Enterprise Workstation Extension 12-SP2:zypper in -t patch
SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 12-SP2:zypper in -t patch
To bring your system up-to-date, use 'zypper patch'.
Risk factor :
High / CVSS Base Score : 7.5
CVSS Temporal Score : 6.2
Public Exploit Available : true
Family: SuSE Local Security Checks
Nessus Plugin ID: 96654 ()
Get Nessus Professional to scan unlimited IPs, run compliance checks & moreBuy Nessus Professional Now