This script is Copyright (C) 2016-2017 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
The remote SUSE host is missing one or more security updates.
This update for util-linux fixes a number of bugs and one minor
security issue. The following minor vulnerability was fixed :
- CVE-2016-5011: Infinite loop DoS in libblkid while
parsing DOS partition (bsc#988361) The following bugs
were fixed :
- bsc#987176: When mounting a subfolder of a CIFS share,
mount -a would show the mount as busy
- bsc#947494: mount -a would fail to recognize btrfs
already mounted, address loop re-use in libmount
- bsc#966891: Conflict in meaning of losetup -L. This
switch in SLE12 SP1 and SP2 continues to carry the
meaning of --logical-blocksize instead of upstream
- bsc#994399: Package would trigger conflicts with
- bsc#983164: mount uid= and gid= would reject valid non
- bsc#978993: cfdisk would mangle some text output
- bsc#982331: libmount: ignore redundant slashes
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding
description block directly from the SUSE security advisory. Tenable
has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible
without introducing additional issues.
See also :
To install this SUSE Security Update use YaST online_update.
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product :
SUSE Linux Enterprise Workstation Extension 12-SP1:zypper in -t patch
SUSE Linux Enterprise Software Development Kit 12-SP1:zypper in -t
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12-SP1:zypper in -t patch
SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 12-SP1:zypper in -t patch
To bring your system up-to-date, use 'zypper patch'.
Risk factor :
Medium / CVSS Base Score : 4.7
CVSS Temporal Score : 3.9
Public Exploit Available : true