This script is Copyright (C) 2016 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
The remote SUSE host is missing one or more security updates.
This update for samba provides the following fix: Following security
issue was fixed :
- CVE-2016-2119: Prevent client-side SMB2 signing
downgrade. (bsc#986869) Also the following bugs were
- Fix possible ctdb crash when opening sockets with
- Honor smb.conf socket options in winbind. (bsc#975131)
- Fix ntlm-auth segmentation fault with squid.
- Implement new '--no-dns-updates' option in 'net ads'
- Fix population of ctdb sysconfig after source merge.
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding
description block directly from the SUSE security advisory. Tenable
has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible
without introducing additional issues.
See also :
To install this SUSE Security Update use YaST online_update.
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product :
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12-LTSS:zypper in -t patch
To bring your system up-to-date, use 'zypper patch'.
Risk factor :
Medium / CVSS Base Score : 6.8
CVSS Temporal Score : 5.0
Public Exploit Available : false