This script is Copyright (C) 2016 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
The remote SUSE host is missing one or more security updates.
This update for dbus-1 to version 1.8.22 fixes one security issue and
bugs. The following security issue was fixed :
- bsc#1003898: Do not treat ActivationFailure message
received from root-owned systemd name as a format
string. The following upstream changes are included :
- Change the default configuration for the session bus to
only allow EXTERNAL authentication (secure
kernel-mediated credentials-passing), as was already
done for the system bus.
- Fix a memory leak when GetConnectionCredentials()
- Ensure that dbus-monitor does not reply to messages
intended for others (fdo#90952)
- Add locking to DBusCounter's reference count and notify
- Ensure that DBusTransport's reference count is protected
by the corresponding DBusConnection's lock (fdo#90312)
- Correctly release DBusServer mutex before early-return
if we run out of memory while copying authentication
- Correctly initialize all fields of DBusTypeReader
- Fix some missing \n in verbose (debug log) messages
- Clean up some memory leaks in test code (fdo#90021)
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding
description block directly from the SUSE security advisory. Tenable
has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible
without introducing additional issues.
See also :
To install this SUSE Security Update use YaST online_update.
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product :
SUSE Linux Enterprise Software Development Kit 12-SP1:zypper in -t
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12-SP1:zypper in -t patch
SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 12-SP1:zypper in -t patch
To bring your system up-to-date, use 'zypper patch'.
Risk factor :
High / CVSS Base Score : 7.2
CVSS Temporal Score : 5.3
Public Exploit Available : false
Get Nessus Professional to scan unlimited IPs, run compliance checks & moreBuy Nessus Professional Now