This script is Copyright (C) 2016-2017 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
The remote openSUSE host is missing a security update.
The openSUSE 13.1 kernel was updated to fix bugs and security issues.
The following security bugs were fixed :
- CVE-2016-8666: The IP stack in the Linux kernel allowed
remote attackers to cause a denial of service (stack
consumption and panic) or possibly have unspecified
other impact by triggering use of the GRO path for
packets with tunnel stacking, as demonstrated by
interleaved IPv4 headers and GRE headers, a related
issue to CVE-2016-7039 (bnc#1001486).
- CVE-2016-5195: A local privilege escalation using
MAP_PRIVATE was fixed, which is reportedly exploited in
the wild (bsc#1004418).
The following non-security bugs were fixed :
- sched/core: Fix a race between try_to_wake_up() and a
woken up task (bsc#1002165, bsc#1001419).
- sched/core: Fix an SMP ordering race in try_to_wake_up()
vs. schedule() (bnc#1001419).
- tunnels: Do not apply GRO to multiple layers of
See also :
Update the affected the Linux Kernel packages.
Risk factor :
High / CVSS Base Score : 7.8
Public Exploit Available : true