This script is Copyright (C) 2016 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
The remote SUSE host is missing one or more security updates.
This update for mariadb fixes the following issues :
- CVE-2016-3477: Unspecified vulnerability in subcomponent
- CVE-2016-3521: Unspecified vulnerability in subcomponent
- CVE-2016-3615: Unspecified vulnerability in subcomponent
- CVE-2016-5440: Unspecified vulnerability in subcomponent
- mariadb failing test main.bootstrap [bsc#984858]
- left over 'openSUSE' comments in MariaDB on SLE12 GM and
- remove unnecessary conditionals from specfile
- add '--ignore-db-dir=lost+found' option to
rc.mysql-multi in order not to misinterpret the
lost+found directory as a database [bsc#986251]
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding
description block directly from the SUSE security advisory. Tenable
has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible
without introducing additional issues.
See also :
To install this SUSE Security Update use YaST online_update.
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product :
SUSE Linux Enterprise Workstation Extension 12-SP1:zypper in -t patch
SUSE Linux Enterprise Software Development Kit 12-SP1:zypper in -t
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12-SP1:zypper in -t patch
SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 12-SP1:zypper in -t patch
To bring your system up-to-date, use 'zypper patch'.
Risk factor :
Medium / CVSS Base Score : 6.8
CVSS Temporal Score : 5.0
Public Exploit Available : false