This script is Copyright (C) 2016 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
The remote openSUSE host is missing a security update.
This mbedtls update to version 1.3.17 fixes the following issues :
Security issues fixed :
- Fix missing padding length check in
mbedtls_rsa_rsaes_pkcs1_v15_decrypt required by PKCS1
- Fix a potential integer underflow to buffer overread in
mbedtls_rsa_rsaes_oaep_decrypt. It is not triggerable
remotely in SSL/TLS.
- Fix potential integer overflow to buffer overflow in
Bugs fixed :
- Fix bug in mbedtls_mpi_add_mpi() that caused wrong
results when the three arguments where the same
(in-place doubling). Found and fixed by Janos Follath.
- Fix issue in Makefile that prevented building using
- Fix issue that caused a hang up when generating RSA keys
of odd bitlength
- Fix bug in mbedtls_rsa_rsaes_pkcs1_v15_encrypt that made
NULL pointer dereference possible.
- Fix issue that caused a crash if invalid curves were
passed to mbedtls_ssl_conf_curves. #373
Further changes :
- On ARM platforms, when compiling with -O0 with GCC,
Clang or armcc5, don't use the optimized assembly for
bignum multiplication. This removes the need to pass
-fomit-frame-pointer to avoid a build error with -O0.
- Disabled SSLv3 in the default configuration.
- Fix non-compliance server extension handling. Extensions
for SSLv3 are now ignored, as required by RFC6101.
See also :
Update the affected mbedtls packages.
Risk factor :
Get Nessus Professional to scan unlimited IPs, run compliance checks & moreBuy Nessus Professional Now