This script is Copyright (C) 2016 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
The remote openSUSE host is missing a security update.
This update for vlc to 2.2.4 to fix the following security issue :
- CVE-2016-5108: Fix out-of-bound write in adpcm QT IMA
This also include an update of codecs and libraries to fix these 3rd
party security issues :
- CVE-2016-1514: Matroska libebml EbmlUnicodeString Heap
- CVE-2016-1515: Matroska libebml Multiple ElementList
Double Free Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2015-7981: The png_convert_to_rfc1123 function in
png.c in libpng allowed remote attackers to obtain
sensitive process memory information via crafted tIME
chunk data in an image file, which triggers an
out-of-bounds read (bsc#952051).
- CVE-2015-8126: Multiple buffer overflows in the (1)
png_set_PLTE and (2) png_get_PLTE functions in libpng
allowed remote attackers to cause a denial of service
(application crash) or possibly have unspecified other
impact via a small bit-depth value in an IHDR (aka image
header) chunk in a PNG image (bsc#954980).
See also :
Update the affected vlc packages.
Risk factor :
High / CVSS Base Score : 7.5