This script is Copyright (C) 2016 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
The remote openSUSE host is missing a security update.
This update for wireshark fixes an number of security issues.
Issues in protocol dissectors could have allowed a remote attacker to
crash Wireshark or cause excessive CPU usage through specially crafted
packages inserted into the network or a capture file.
- CVE-2016-5350: The SPOOLS dissector could go into an
- CVE-2016-5351: The IEEE 802.11 dissector could crash
- CVE-2016-5353: The UMTS FP dissector could crash
- CVE-2016-5354: Some USB dissectors could crash
- CVE-2016-5355: The Toshiba file parser could crash
- CVE-2016-5356: The CoSine file parser could crash
- CVE-2016-5357: The NetScreen file parser could crash
- CVE-2016-5358: The Ethernet dissector could crash
See also :
Update the affected wireshark packages.
Risk factor :
Medium / CVSS Base Score : 4.3
Family: SuSE Local Security Checks
Nessus Plugin ID: 91705 ()
Get Nessus Professional to scan unlimited IPs, run compliance checks & moreBuy Nessus Professional Now