This script is Copyright (C) 2016-2017 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
The remote Moxa NPort Serial-to-Ethernet server model is affected by
According to its telnet banner, the Moxa NPort Serial-to-Ethernet
server model is affected by multiple vulnerabilities :
- An information disclosure vulnerability exists that
allows an unauthenticated attacker to disclose sensitive
- A remote code execution vulnerability exists due to a
failure to authenticate firmware updates.
- An unspecified buffer overflow condition exists that
allows an attacker to execute arbitrary code.
- An unspecified cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerability
exists that allows a remote attacker to execute
arbitrary code in the user's browser session.
- An unspecified cross-site request forgery vulnerability
(XSRF) exists that allows a remote attacker to trick
a user into making an unintentional request.
See also :
There is currently no known workaround or solution. Moxa will release
fixes for all devices in late August 2016, except for model version
6110, which is discontinued.
Risk factor :
Critical / CVSS Base Score : 10.0
Get Nessus Professional to scan unlimited IPs, run compliance checks & moreBuy Nessus Professional Now