This script is Copyright (C) 2016 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
The remote openSUSE host is missing a security update.
This go update to version 1.6 fixes the following issues :
Security issues fixed :
- CVE-2016-3959: Infinite loop in several big integer
- CVE-2015-8618: Carry propagation in Int.Exp Montgomery
code in math/big library (boo#960151)
Bugs fixed :
- Update to version 1.6 :
- On Linux on little-endian 64-bit PowerPC
(linux/ppc64le), Go 1.6 now supports cgo with external
linking and is roughly feature complete.
- Vendoring support
- HTTP2 transparent support
- fix gc and gccgo incompatibility regarding embedded
unexported struct types containing exported fields
- Linux on 64-bit MIPS and Android on 32-bit x86
- enforced rules for sharing Go pointers with C
- new mechanism for template reuse
- performance improvements ... and more! see more in
- Updated to version 1.5.2: This release includes bug
fixes to the compiler, linker, and the mime/multipart,
net, and runtime packages.
- Updated to version 1.5.1: 	This release includes bug
fixes to the go command, the compiler, assembler, and
the fmt, net/textproto, net/http, and runtime packages.
- Update to version 1.5 :
- see https://golang.org/doc/go1.5
- install shared stdlib on x86_64
- add go.gdbinit for debug friendly
- Adapt to Leap
- use gcc5-go than go1.4 is the proper requirement for
See also :
Update the affected go packages.
Risk factor :
Medium / CVSS Base Score : 5.0