This script is Copyright (C) 2016 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
The remote Scientific Linux host is missing one or more security
Security Fix(es) :
- A flaw was found in the way the Linux kernel handled
IRET faults during the processing of NMIs. An
unprivileged, local user could use this flaw to crash
the system or, potentially (although highly unlikely),
escalate their privileges on the system. (CVE-2015-5157,
- A race condition flaw was found in the way the Linux
kernel's SCTP implementation handled sctp_accept()
during the processing of heartbeat timeout events. A
remote attacker could use this flaw to prevent further
connections to be accepted by the SCTP server running on
the system, resulting in a denial of service.
Bug Fix(es) :
- When the nvme driver held the queue lock for too long,
for example during DMA mapping, a lockup occurred
leading to nvme hard-lockup panic. This update fixes the
underlying source code, and nvme now works as expected.
- Due to a regression, a Unix domain datagram socket could
come to a deadlock when sending a datagram to itself.
The provided patch adds another 'sk' check to the
unix_dgram_sendmsg() function, and the aforementioned
deadlock no longer occurs.
- Previously, writing a large file using direct I/O in 16
MB chunks sometimes caused a pathological allocation
pattern where 16 MB chunks of large free extent were
allocated to a file in reversed order. The provided
patch avoids the backward allocation, and writing a
large file using direct I/O now proceeds successfully.
- MD RAID1 devices that repeatedly became hot removed and
re-added could become mismatched due to a race
condition. This caused them to return stale data,
leading to data corruption. The provided set of patches
fixes this bug, and hot removals and re-additions of md
devices now work as expected.
- A couple of previous fixes caused a deadlock on the 'rq'
lock leading to a kernel panic on CPU 0. The provided
set of patches reverts the relevant commits, thus
preventing the panic from occurring.
- VLAN support has been updated to integrate some of the
latest upstream features. This update also makes sure
that NULL pointer crashes related to VLAN support in
bonding mode no longer occur and that tag stripping and
insertion work as expected.
- This update adds additional model numbers for Broadwell
See also :
Update the affected packages.
Risk factor :
High / CVSS Base Score : 7.2