This script is Copyright (C) 2016 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
The remote SUSE host is missing one or more security updates.
samba was updated to fix seven security issues.
These security issues were fixed :
- CVE-2015-5370: DCERPC server and client were vulnerable
to DOS and MITM attacks (bsc#936862).
- CVE-2016-2110: A man-in-the-middle could have downgraded
NTLMSSP authentication (bsc#973031).
- CVE-2016-2111: Domain controller netlogon member
computer could have been spoofed (bsc#973032).
- CVE-2016-2112: LDAP conenctions were vulnerable to
downgrade and MITM attack (bsc#973033).
- CVE-2016-2113: TLS certificate validation were missing
- CVE-2016-2115: Named pipe IPC were vulnerable to MITM
- CVE-2016-2118: 'Badlock' DCERPC impersonation of
authenticated account were possible (bsc#971965).
These non-security issues were fixed :
- bsc#967017: Fix leaking memory in libsmbclient in
- Getting and setting Windows ACLs on symlinks can change
permissions on link
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding
description block directly from the SUSE security advisory. Tenable
has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible
without introducing additional issues.
See also :
To install this SUSE Security Update use YaST online_update.
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product :
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11-SP2-LTSS :
zypper in -t patch slessp2-samba-12508=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Debuginfo 11-SP2 :
zypper in -t patch dbgsp2-samba-12508=1
To bring your system up-to-date, use 'zypper patch'.
Risk factor :
Medium / CVSS Base Score : 6.8
CVSS Temporal Score : 5.6
Public Exploit Available : true
Family: SuSE Local Security Checks
Nessus Plugin ID: 90536 ()
Get Nessus Professional to scan unlimited IPs, run compliance checks & moreBuy Nessus Professional Now