This script is Copyright (C) 2016 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
The remote SUSE host is missing one or more security updates.
This update for postgresql94 fixes the following issues :
- Security and bugfix release 9.4.6 :
- *** IMPORTANT *** Users of version 9.4 will need to
reindex any jsonb_path_ops indexes they have created, in
order to fix a persistent issue with missing index
- Fix infinite loops and buffer-overrun problems in
regular expressions (CVE-2016-0773, bsc#966436).
- Fix regular-expression compiler to handle loops of
constraint arcs (CVE-2007-4772).
- Prevent certain PL/Java parameters from being set by
non-superusers (CVE-2016-0766, bsc#966435).
- Fix many issues in pg_dump with specific object types
- Prevent over-eager pushdown of HAVING clauses for
- Fix deparsing error with ON CONFLICT ... WHERE clauses
- Fix tableoid errors for postgres_fdw
- Prevent floating-point exceptions in pgbench
- Make \det search Foreign Table names consistently
- Fix quoting of domain constraint names in pg_dump
- Prevent putting expanded objects into Const nodes
- Allow compile of PL/Java on Windows
- Fix 'unresolved symbol' errors in PL/Python execution
- Allow Python2 and Python3 to be used in the same
- Add support for Python 3.5 in PL/Python
- Fix issue with subdirectory creation during initdb
- Make pg_ctl report status correctly on Windows
- Suppress confusing error when using pg_receivexlog with
- Multiple documentation corrections and additions
- Fix erroneous hash calculations in
- For the full release notse, see:
- PL/Perl still needs to be linked with rpath, so that it
can find libperl.so at runtime. bsc#578053,
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding
description block directly from the SUSE security advisory. Tenable
has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible
without introducing additional issues.
See also :
To install this SUSE Security Update use YaST online_update.
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product :
SUSE Linux Enterprise Software Development Kit 12-SP1 :
zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SDK-12-SP1-2016-306=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Software Development Kit 12 :
zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SDK-12-2016-306=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12-SP1 :
zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SERVER-12-SP1-2016-306=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12 :
zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SERVER-12-2016-306=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 12-SP1 :
zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-DESKTOP-12-SP1-2016-306=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 12 :
zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-DESKTOP-12-2016-306=1
To bring your system up-to-date, use 'zypper patch'.
Risk factor :
High / CVSS Base Score : 9.0
CVSS Temporal Score : 6.7
Public Exploit Available : false