This script is Copyright (C) 2016 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
The remote SUSE host is missing one or more security updates.
java-1_8_0-openjdk was updated to version 7u95 to fix several security
The following vulnerabilities were fixed :
- CVE-2015-7575: Further reduce use of MD5 (SLOTH)
- CVE-2015-8126: Vulnerability in the AWT component
related to splashscreen displays
- CVE-2015-8472: Vulnerability in the AWT component,
addressed by same fix
- CVE-2016-0402: Vulnerability in the Networking component
related to URL processing
- CVE-2016-0448: Vulnerability in the JMX comonent related
to attribute processing
- CVE-2016-0466: Vulnerability in the JAXP component,
related to limits
- CVE-2016-0483: Vulnerability in the AWT component
related to image decoding
- CVE-2016-0494: Vulnerability in 2D component related to
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding
description block directly from the SUSE security advisory. Tenable
has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible
without introducing additional issues.
See also :
To install this SUSE Security Update use YaST online_update.
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product :
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12-SP1 :
zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SERVER-12-SP1-2016-160=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 12-SP1 :
zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-DESKTOP-12-SP1-2016-160=1
To bring your system up-to-date, use 'zypper patch'.
Risk factor :
Critical / CVSS Base Score : 10.0
CVSS Temporal Score : 7.4
Public Exploit Available : false
Family: SuSE Local Security Checks
Nessus Plugin ID: 88453 ()
Get Nessus Professional to scan unlimited IPs, run compliance checks & moreBuy Nessus Professional Now