This script is Copyright (C) 2015-2016 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
The remote SUSE host is missing one or more security updates.
xen was updated to fix eight security issues.
These security issues were fixed :
- CVE-2015-4037: The slirp_smb function in net/slirp.c
created temporary files with predictable names, which
allowed local users to cause a denial of service
(instantiation failure) by creating /tmp/qemu-smb.*-*
files before the program (bsc#932267).
- CVE-2014-0222: Integer overflow in the qcow_open
function allowed remote attackers to cause a denial of
service (crash) via a large L2 table in a QCOW version 1
- CVE-2015-7835: Uncontrolled creation of large page
mappings by PV guests (bsc#950367).
- CVE-2015-5239: Integer overflow in vnc_client_read() and
- CVE-2015-6815: With e1000 NIC emulation support it was
possible to enter an infinite loop (bsc#944697).
- CVE-2015-7969: Leak of main per-domain vcpu pointer
array leading to denial of service (bsc#950703).
- CVE-2015-7969: Leak of per-domain profiling- related
vcpu pointer array leading to denial of service
- CVE-2015-7971: Some pmu and profiling hypercalls log
without rate limiting (bsc#950706).
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding
description block directly from the SUSE security advisory. Tenable
has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible
without introducing additional issues.
See also :
To install this SUSE Security Update use YaST online_update.
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product :
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11-SP2-LTSS :
zypper in -t patch slessp2-xen-12199=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Debuginfo 11-SP2 :
zypper in -t patch dbgsp2-xen-12199=1
To bring your system up-to-date, use 'zypper patch'.
Risk factor :
High / CVSS Base Score : 7.5
CVSS Temporal Score : 5.5
Public Exploit Available : false
Family: SuSE Local Security Checks
Nessus Plugin ID: 86865 ()
Get Nessus Professional to scan unlimited IPs, run compliance checks & moreBuy Nessus Professional Now