This script is Copyright (C) 2015-2016 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
The remote SUSE host is missing one or more security updates.
The Apache2 webserver was updated to fix several issues :
Security issues fixed :
- The chunked transfer coding implementation in the Apache
HTTP Server did not properly parse chunk headers, which
allowed remote attackers to conduct HTTP request
smuggling attacks via a crafted request, related to
mishandling of large chunk-size values and invalid
chunk-extension characters in
modules/http/http_filters.c. [bsc#938728, CVE-2015-3183]
- The LOGJAM security issue was addressed by: [bnc#931723
- changing the SSLCipherSuite cipherstring to disable
export cipher suites and deploy Ephemeral Elliptic-Curve
Diffie-Hellman (ECDHE) ciphers.
- Adjust 'gensslcert' script to generate a strong and
unique Diffie Hellman Group and append it to the server
- The ap_some_auth_required function in server/request.c
in the Apache HTTP Server 2.4.x did not consider that a
Require directive may be associated with an
authorization setting rather than an authentication
setting, which allowed remote attackers to bypass
intended access restrictions in opportunistic
circumstances by leveraging the presence of a module
that relies on the 2.2 API behavior. [bnc#938723
- Tomcat mod_jk information leak due to incorrect
JkMount/JkUnmount directives processing [bnc#927845
Other bugs fixed :
- Now provides a suse_maintenance_mmn_# [bnc#915666].
- Hard-coded modules in the %files [bnc#444878].
- Fixed the IfModule directive around SSLSessionCache
- allow only TCP ports in Yast2 firewall files
- fixed a regression when some LDAP searches or
comparisons might be done with the wrong credentials
when a backend connection is reused [bnc#930228]
- Fixed split-logfile2 script [bnc#869790]
- remove the changed MODULE_MAGIC_NUMBER_MINOR from which
confuses modules the way that they expect functionality
that our apache does not provide [bnc#915666]
- gensslcert: CN now defaults to `hostname -f`
[bnc#949766], fix help [bnc#949771]
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding
description block directly from the SUSE security advisory. Tenable
has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible
without introducing additional issues.
See also :
To install this SUSE Security Update use YaST online_update.
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product :
SUSE Linux Enterprise Software Development Kit 12 :
zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SDK-12-2015-772=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12 :
zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SERVER-12-2015-772=1
SUSE Enterprise Storage 1.0 :
zypper in -t patch SUSE-Storage-1.0-2015-772=1
To bring your system up-to-date, use 'zypper patch'.
Risk factor :
Medium / CVSS Base Score : 5.0
CVSS Temporal Score : 4.3
Public Exploit Available : false