This script is Copyright (C) 2015-2016 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
The remote SUSE host is missing one or more security updates.
Wireshark has been updated to 1.12.7. (FATE#319388)
The following vulnerabilities have been fixed :
- Wireshark could crash when adding an item to the
protocol tree. wnpa-sec-2015-21 CVE-2015-6241
- Wireshark could attempt to free invalid memory.
- Wireshark could crash when searching for a protocol
dissector. wnpa-sec-2015-23 CVE-2015-6243
- The ZigBee dissector could crash. wnpa-sec-2015-24
- The GSM RLC/MAC dissector could go into an infinite
loop. wnpa-sec-2015-25 CVE-2015-6245
- The WaveAgent dissector could crash. wnpa-sec-2015-26
- The OpenFlow dissector could go into an infinite loop.
- Wireshark could crash due to invalid ptvcursor length
checking. wnpa-sec-2015-28 CVE-2015-6248
- The WCCP dissector could crash. wnpa-sec-2015-29
- Further bug fixes and updated protocol support as listed
Also a fix from 1.12.6 in GSM DTAP was backported. (bnc#935158
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding
description block directly from the SUSE security advisory. Tenable
has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible
without introducing additional issues.
See also :
To install this SUSE Security Update use YaST online_update.
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product :
SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 11-SP4 :
zypper in -t patch sledsp4-wireshark-1127-12112=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 11-SP3 :
zypper in -t patch sledsp3-wireshark-1127-12112=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Debuginfo 11-SP4 :
zypper in -t patch dbgsp4-wireshark-1127-12112=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Debuginfo 11-SP3 :
zypper in -t patch dbgsp3-wireshark-1127-12112=1
To bring your system up-to-date, use 'zypper patch'.
Risk factor :
Medium / CVSS Base Score : 5.0
CVSS Temporal Score : 4.1
Public Exploit Available : true
Family: SuSE Local Security Checks
Nessus Plugin ID: 86289 ()
Get Nessus Professional to scan unlimited IPs, run compliance checks & moreBuy Nessus Professional Now