This script is Copyright (C) 2015 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
The remote SUSE host is missing one or more security updates.
xen was updated to fix the following security issues :
- CVE-2015-5165: QEMU leak of uninitialized heap memory in
rtl8139 device model (bsc#939712, XSA-140)
- CVE-2015-5166: Use after free in QEMU/Xen block unplug
protocol (bsc#939709, XSA-139)
- CVE-2015-2751: Certain domctl operations could have be
used to lock up the host (bsc#922709, XSA-127)
- CVE-2015-3259: xl command line config handling stack
overflow (bsc#935634, XSA-137)
- CVE-2015-4164: DoS through iret hypercall handler
- CVE-2015-5154: Host code execution via IDE subsystem
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding
description block directly from the SUSE security advisory. Tenable
has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible
without introducing additional issues.
See also :
To install this SUSE Security Update use YaST online_update.
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product :
SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 11-SP3 :
zypper in -t patch sledsp3-xen-12066=1
To bring your system up-to-date, use 'zypper patch'.
Risk factor :
High / CVSS Base Score : 7.2
CVSS Temporal Score : 5.3
Public Exploit Available : false
Family: SuSE Local Security Checks
Nessus Plugin ID: 85792 ()
Get Nessus Professional to scan unlimited IPs, run compliance checks & moreBuy Nessus Professional Now