This script is Copyright (C) 2015 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
The remote openSUSE host is missing a security update.
Wireshark was updated to fix several security vulnerabilities and
- Wireshark 1.12.7 [boo#941500] The following
vulnerabilities have been fixed :
- Wireshark could crash when adding an item to the
protocol tree. wnpa-sec-2015-21
- Wireshark could attempt to free invalid memory.
- Wireshark could crash when searching for a protocol
- The ZigBee dissector could crash. wnpa-sec-2015-24
- The GSM RLC/MAC dissector could go into an infinite
- The WaveAgent dissector could crash. wnpa-sec-2015-26
- The OpenFlow dissector could go into an infinite loop.
- Wireshark could crash due to invalid ptvcursor length
- The WCCP dissector could crash. wnpa-sec-2015-29
- Further bug fixes and updated protocol support as listed
See also :
Update the affected wireshark packages.
Risk factor :
Get Nessus Professional to scan unlimited IPs, run compliance checks & moreBuy Nessus Professional Now