This script is Copyright (C) 2015 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
The remote Scientific Linux host is missing one or more security
A flaw was found in the way the LibreOffice HWP (Hangul Word
Processor) file filter processed certain HWP documents. An attacker
able to trick a user into opening a specially crafted HWP document
could possibly use this flaw to execute arbitrary code with the
privileges of the user opening that document. (CVE-2015-1774)
The libreoffice packages have been upgraded to upstream version
18.104.22.168, which provides a number of bug fixes and enhancements over
the previous version, including :
- OpenXML interoperability has been improved.
- This update adds additional statistics functions to the
Calc application, thus improving interoperability with
Microsoft Excel and its 'Analysis ToolPak' add-in.
- Various performance improvements have been implemented
- This update adds new import filters for importing files
from the Appple Keynote and Abiword applications.
- The export filter for the MathML markup language has
- This update adds a new start screen that includes
thumbnails of recently opened documents.
- A visual clue is now displayed in the Slide Sorter
window for slides with transitions or animations.
- This update improves trend lines in charts.
- LibreOffice now supports BCP 47 language tags.
See also :
Update the affected packages.
Risk factor :
Medium / CVSS Base Score : 6.8