This script is Copyright (C) 2015-2016 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
The remote SUSE host is missing one or more security updates.
Xen was updated to fix seven security issues and one non-security bug.
The following vulnerabilities were fixed :
- CVE-2015-4103: Potential unintended writes to host MSI
message data field via qemu (XSA-128) (bnc#931625)
- CVE-2015-4104: PCI MSI mask bits inadvertently exposed
to guests (XSA-129) (bnc#931626)
- CVE-2015-4105: Guest triggerable qemu MSI-X pass-through
error messages (XSA-130) (bnc#931627)
- CVE-2015-4106: Unmediated PCI register access in qemu
- CVE-2015-4163: GNTTABOP_swap_grant_ref operation
misbehavior (XSA-134) (bnc#932790)
- CVE-2015-3209: heap overflow in qemu pcnet controller
allowing guest to host escape (XSA-135) (bnc#932770)
- CVE-2015-4164: DoS through iret hypercall handler
The following non-security bug was fixed :
- bnc#906689: let systemd schedule xencommons after
network-online.target and remote-fs.target so that
xendomains has access to remote shares
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding
description block directly from the SUSE security advisory. Tenable
has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible
without introducing additional issues.
See also :
To install this SUSE Security Update use YaST online_update.
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product :
SUSE Linux Enterprise Software Development Kit 12 :
zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SDK-12-2015-262=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12 :
zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SERVER-12-2015-262=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 12 :
zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-DESKTOP-12-2015-262=1
To bring your system up-to-date, use 'zypper patch'.
Risk factor :
High / CVSS Base Score : 7.8
CVSS Temporal Score : 5.8
Public Exploit Available : false
Family: SuSE Local Security Checks
Nessus Plugin ID: 84146 ()
Get Nessus Professional to scan unlimited IPs, run compliance checks & moreBuy Nessus Professional Now