This script is Copyright (C) 2015 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
The remote openSUSE host is missing a security update.
Wireshark was updated to 1.12.5 to fix security issues and bugs.
The following vulnerabilities have been fixed :
- CVE-2015-3808, CVE-2015-3809: The LBMR dissector could
go into an infinite loop. (wnpa-sec-2015-12)
- CVE-2015-3810: The WebSocket dissector could recurse
- CVE-2015-3811: The WCP dissector could crash while
decompressing data. (wnpa-sec-2015-14)
- CVE-2015-3812: The X11 dissector could leak memory.
- CVE-2015-3813: The packet reassembly code could leak
- CVE-2015-3814: The IEEE 802.11 dissector could go into
an infinite loop. (wnpa-sec-2015-17)
- CVE-2015-3815: The Android Logcat file parser could
See also :
Update the affected Wireshark packages.
Risk factor :
High / CVSS Base Score : 7.8
Family: SuSE Local Security Checks
Nessus Plugin ID: 83805 ()
Get Nessus Professional to scan unlimited IPs, run compliance checks & moreBuy Nessus Professional Now