This script is Copyright (C) 2015-2016 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
The remote SUSE host is missing one or more security updates.
This strongswan update fixes the following security and non security
- Disallow brainpool elliptic curve groups in fips mode
- Applied an upstream fix for a denial-of-service
vulnerability, which can be triggered by an IKEv2 Key
Exchange payload, that contains the Diffie-Hellman group
- Adjusted whilelist of approved algorithms in fips mode
- Updated strongswan-hmac package description
- Disabled explicit gpg validation; osc source_validator
- Guarded fipscheck and hmac package in the spec file for
- Added generation of fips hmac hash files using fipshmac
utility and a _fipscheck script to verify
binaries/libraries/plugings shipped in the
strongswan-hmac package. With enabled fips in the
kernel, the ipsec script will call it before any action
or in a enforced/manual 'ipsec _fipscheck' call. Added
config file to load openssl and kernel af-alg plugins,
but not all the other modules which provide
further/alternative algs. Applied a filter disallowing
non-approved algorithms in fips mode.
- Fixed file list in the optional (disabled)
- Fixed build of the strongswan built-in integrity
checksum library and enabled building it only on
architectures tested to work.
- Fix to use bug number 897048 instead 856322 in last
- Applied an upstream patch reverting to store algorithms
in the registration order again as ordering them by
identifier caused weaker algorithms to be proposed first
by default (bsc#897512).
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding
description block directly from the SUSE security advisory. Tenable
has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible
without introducing additional issues.
See also :
To install this SUSE Security Update use YaST online_update.
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product :
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12 :
zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SERVER-12-2015-71=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 12 :
zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-DESKTOP-12-2015-71=1
To bring your system up-to-date, use 'zypper patch'.
Risk factor :
Medium / CVSS Base Score : 5.0
CVSS Temporal Score : 3.7
Public Exploit Available : false