This script is Copyright (C) 2015-2016 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
The remote SUSE host is missing one or more security updates.
This docker version upgrade fixes the following security and non
security issues, and adds the also additional features :
- Updated to 1.4.1 (2014-12-15) :
- Runtime :
- Fix issue with volumes-from and bind mounts not being
honored after create (fixes bnc#913213)
- Added e2fsprogs as runtime dependency, this is required
when the devicemapper driver is used. (bnc#913211).
- Fixed owner & group for docker.socket (thanks to Andrei
- Updated to 1.4.0 (2014-12-11) :
- Notable Features since 1.3.0 :
- Set key=value labels to the daemon (displayed in `docker
info`), applied with new `-label` daemon flag
- Add support for `ENV` in Dockerfile of the form: `ENV
- New Overlayfs Storage Driver
- `docker info` now returns an `ID` and `Name` field
- Filter events by event name, container, or image
- `docker cp` now supports copying from container volumes
- Fixed `docker tag`, so it honors `--force` when
overriding a tag for existing image.
- Changes introduced by 1.3.3 (2014-12-11) :
- Security :
- Fix path traversal vulnerability in processing of
absolute symbolic links (CVE-2014-9356) - (bnc#909709)
- Fix decompression of xz image archives, preventing
privilege escalation (CVE-2014-9357) - (bnc#909710)
- Validate image IDs (CVE-2014-9358) - (bnc#909712)
- Runtime :
- Fix an issue when image archives are being read slowly
- Client :
- Fix a regression related to stdin redirection
- Fix a regression with `docker cp` when destination is
the current directory
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding
description block directly from the SUSE security advisory. Tenable
has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible
without introducing additional issues.
See also :
To install this SUSE Security Update use YaST online_update.
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product :
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12 :
zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SERVER-12-2015-28
To bring your system up-to-date, use 'zypper patch'.
Risk factor :
Critical / CVSS Base Score : 10.0
CVSS Temporal Score : 7.4
Public Exploit Available : false